Thursday, May 28, 2009

John Robinson Review

John Robinson Review

I haven't updated in a while, for several reasons. I was in L.A. last weekend, away from my computer. Also, I've been busy, and my hand has been messed up - the dark side to having a desk job/playing too many video games.

I reviewed John Robinson's Who Is This Man? for RapReviews last week. The whole album was produced by MF DOOM. I liked it. Here's a video:


I've been listening to a ton of new stuff, including the Vaselines, Sonic Youth's Sister, and a Creation anthology. One of these days I should get around to writing about them. In the meantime, here's a video of the Creation playing "Making Time" live. It has to be one of the most perfect songs ever recorded, and ranks up there with "Can't Explain" as one of my favorite 60s songs. Also, Jimmy Page totally stole the whole playing guitar with a bow thing from them. As did Nigel Tufnel.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors