Saturday, May 02, 2009

Blitzen Trapper

One of my favorite songs of the past six months is "Furr" by Portland band Blitzen Trapper.

It sounds like early Bob Dylan, only forty years later, like if young Bob Dylan had been obsessed with old Bob Dylan instead of Woody Guthrie. I bought the album the other day, and I have to say I'm kinda disappointed with it. There are other Dylan-esque tracks, like "Lady In the Water" and "Black River Killer," but most of it is Southern rock, which I'm not as huge a fan of. It's still pretty good, but not as brilliant as "Furr."
Also, the album didn't have any real liner notes or anything, which made me feel stupid for spending 4 bucks more on the physical disc rather than just downloading MP3s. Note to bands: make the CD's worth the purchase price.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors