Thursday, June 25, 2009

T.R.O.Y.

I'm trying to consume less music and savor it more. I tend to buy more music than I can reasonably digest, which means I don't have the same relationship with music as I did when I was a kid, when I new every track of an album by heart. Nowadays I listen to something ten or twelve times and then I'm on to the next thing.

But then there's the T.R.O.Y. blog. They/he focus on old school hip hop, aka the stuff I like the most. They just posted a mixtape of Native Tongues artists. It includes everyone from Monie Love and Queen Latifah to De La Soul, Tribe Called Quest, and Black Sheep. I love the Native Tongues sound, and I've been enjoying this immensely. I particularly like how they blend Queen Latifah's housey "Come Into My House" into "Groove is in the Heart." Break out the dayglo bellbottoms!

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors