Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Phenomenal Handclap Band


I just downloaded the Phenomenal Handclap Band's self-titled debut after hearing the single "15 to 20." To me it sounded like ESG, and I was really into the dance music-via actual instruments vibe.


The album itself sounds a little mellower and more trippy hippy indie rock than hip hop (which is clear from the album cover), but I like it, or at least what I've managed to digest. Bay Area musician Bart Davenport makes appearances.

They have a blog, a myspace page, and their album is officially released this week or next.

From the videos, they either look like hip indie kids:


Or fuckin' hippies:


Sort of like Stereolab if they were a Southern rock/hippie jam band, maybe. In other words, sketchy but kind of awesome. Also, being in that band seems like way more fun than working a desk job and having all this bullshit responsibility like rent and student loans. I just want to rock out with my cute bandmates, man.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors