Monday, June 29, 2009

So Dumb It's Smart

I've been enjoying Wallpaper's remix of Brooklyn joke-rap duo Das Racist's "Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell." It's idiotic but hilarious, so dumb it's almost smart.

I've also been enjoying the Gossip's "Heavy Cross."

This is the first thing I've really heard by them. I read about them a while ago in Maximum Rock N Roll when they were a blues punk band, and I know singer Beth Ditto is a bit of a gay icon. She's got some pipes, man.

Speaking of gay icons, yesterday was Gay Pride here in San Francisco, and in honor of that, I wanted to play one of the gayest songs ever: Cece Peninston's "Finally." Only embedding is prohibited so here's the link. Why would they disable embedding on an 18-year-old video? Weirdos.

So here's another good pride song: Erasure's "Hideaway," about a kid coming out to his parents. Which was a much scarier thing the late 80s when the song came out than in 2009, I'm sure. I saw Erasure open for Duran Duran when I was 12, and he had like five costume changes. It was pretty awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stevie Nicks - "Edge Of Seventeen" anyone?

Blog Archive

Contributors