Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Storyville Review


My review of Philly MC/Producer Storyville’s debut “Escape Plan” is up at Rapreviews here.

Hopefully I wasn’t too harsh in my review – he gets a lot right, but there was some room for improvement that I pointed out. It’s unfortunately easier to be critical of stuff that I like as opposed to stuff I really don’t care about.

One thing I didn’t mention in my review is that he is pretty damn good as both a rapper and a producer, which is a feat that few producers pull off.

Alos, visit his blog, www.storyvilleemcee.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, an honest review is an honest review. For my first album I knew I wanted to make something edgy and take risks. If being risky always worked it wouldn't be risky. I appreciate the time and thought that went into the review. I'm actually really glad the have some nay saying on Secret Society. It's not supposed to be an inviting song.

Blog Archive

Contributors