Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ces Bottes Sont Faites Pour Marcher





That means “These Boots Are Made for Walking” in French, and is the title of a supercool song by Eileen on Sunnyside’s “Pop A Paris: Rock N’ Roll and Mini-skirts” compilation. It combines two things I love: swinging sixties music and French. Makes me wish I was zipping around the streets of gay Paree on a Vespa on my way to make a New Wave movie.

Also on the comp is a version of Deep Purple’s “Hush” by Johnny Halliday, a French version of “Paint It Black,” and a great track by the slightly tone-deaf, animal loving anti-semite Bridgette Bardot.

Listening to this gives me fond memories of the “Bardot-a-go-go” parties that used to happen in SF (and maybe still do). The would play all mod French music, and it was a total blast.
Ces Bottes Sont Faites Pour Marcher - Eileen - Various Artists - Sunnyside Records

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors