Thursday, August 21, 2008

Emusic wrap up

I downloaded a bunch of stuff in the past month including…

My Morning Jacket It Still Moves This is an older album of theirs. It’s mellow, it’s druggy, it’s fulla reverb. I can’t say it’s not good, but I can’t say I’m into it.

Conor Oberst – The dude from Bright Eyes goes solo (which is odd, since Bright Eyes is basically him). I’m not a big fan of Bright Eyes, and I’m not a big fan of this, either. Not that it is bad, it’s just singer songwritery, aka boring. It’s one of those albums that I need time with, and I don’t think I have the time to devote to it. “NYC Gone, Gone” is pretty awesome though.

CocoRosie – La Maison de Mon Reve This duo is freaky and folky. They have old-timey voices, and do old-timey songs, only they fuck with them, adding found sounds and weird glitches. Sort of David Lynch-ey. Kind of creepy, kind of awesome.

GZA – Protools. The latest solo effort by Garry Grice, aka the Genius. Lame album name, good album.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors