Tuesday, December 09, 2008

P-Funk Live review



I reviewed a live Parliament/Funkadelic show on RapReviews this week. Here.

I was got into Parliament in the early nineties. I had "Chocolate City" and their greatest hits. Then they became Standard Party music for the rest of the decade, and Dr. Dre and Snoop sampled them, and I got burnt out. I sold my CD's back a few years ago when i was low on cash and purging my collection of stuff I didn't listen to.

This live show reminded me that they were pretty f'ing amazing. That is a SHOW. That's like Broadway on acid. Literally. All you mopey indie rockers singing to your shoes and acting miserable, and all you rappers shouting over prerecorded tracks need to take some performance and sartorial hints from P Funk. They did shit right.



http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2008_12D_mothership1976.html

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree. i got to see them a few years ago for their halloween show my friend was the bouncer so we got vip. my cuz fell asleep then left in the middle of the show to sleep in his car! i never let him forget it.he missed an awesome show!

Anonymous said...

чтобы добавлять свои статьи, обязательно ли регистрироватся?

Blog Archive

Contributors