Wednesday, March 25, 2015

What I'm listening to

I have been listening to three very divergent albums lately.

The first is Krieg's Transient. It's a blast of hardcore-infused black metal that has a satisfying heaviness. 

The second is the new Ear Sweatshirt album, I Don't Do Shit, I Don't Go Outside. It's ten songs of depression rap that I am really digging.

The third is the Sound of Music soundtrack. I love this musical, and it gives me so much joy to be able to share it with my daughter. We sing "Do Re Mi" on the way home from preschool, and then dance around the house singing it. I feel very lucky to be able to share all these wonderful things that I grew up with with my daughter. 

To recap, black metal, rap music, and Julie Andrews. Fuck yeah.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors