Tuesday, September 22, 2009

John Forte and Nosaj Thing Review

I reviewed John Forte's new seven-song EP StyleFREE on RapReviews this week. It's soulful hip hop or (hip hopful soul) that deals with love, loss, and getting out of prison after an 8 year stint from drug trafficking. And you thought your life sucked. I wasn't into the alt-rock feel of some of the tracks, and I found the somber mood a downer, but dude's got a great voice, and the songs sound really, really good.
Here's my favorite track, "Nervous."


I also reviewed Nosaj Thing's Drift.

If you are a fan of electronica or instrumental hip hop, you gotta check this out. It's Danny Elfman doing a hip hop video game soundtrack. Glitchy as hell but kind of beautiful.

Here's the whole album. You should buy it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors