Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Keelay and Zaire review


My review of Keelay and Zaire's debut, Ridin High, is the featured review at RapReviews. They are a production duo based out of the Bay and VA, and do smooth, R&B-inspired hip hop. They collaborate with Blu, Planet Asia, and Phonte, although the Phonte number didn't quite do it for me. Overall, it's a pretty good album, and I'm sure you'll hear more from them in the near future.

Here's a video of them performing live.

http://vimeo.com/3467632


In other news, my review of Charlie Wilson's Uncle Charlie is on Metacritic. I gave it the lowest score - 60 vs. 70 from Vibe and Billboard. The sixty was because I knew it was ok for what it was, but definitely not my thing. The blurb from my review is pretty lame: "A third of the songs are about hooking up with ladies, a third are heartfelt ballads to lovers, and a third are break-up songs. It's the lifecycle of a relationship, over and over. I'm not convinced by it, but it's working for him." I mean, I wrote it, and I mean it, but it doesn't make me sound like the most brilliant writer ever. Meh.

And I still have this stupid song in my head.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors