Friday, October 10, 2008

Misfits


I was a big fan of the Misfits in my late teens and early twenties. They are pretty much a punk rock Kiss - their songs are goofy and about b-horror movies from the fifties, they have a cool kitchy, comic-bookey look, and their music is catchy and simple. Danzig also has a pretty awesome voice, which he has chosen to use to make crappy cock rock since the late eighties. Well, maybe that first Danzig album is ok.

If you are a virgin to the Misfits, please steer clear of their later, Danzig-free incarnation. Buy "Walk Among Us," or their self-titled comp "Misfits." "Legacy of Brutality" is also worth owning, and "Misfits II" has a few good songs, and is worth burning from a friend.

I recently bought the Wal-fit shirt from Upper Playground that combines the walrus and Misfits fiend. Fucking awesome. They also have one that riffs off of Iron Maiden's Piece of Mind, and Judas Priest's "Screaming for Vengeance." I knew my special ladyfriend wouldn't put up with me in either of those, so i stuck with the Misfits one.

Metallica covered "Last Caress" on their Garage Days EP. You know why? Because it's fucking awesome.

That's not me in the picture btw.
Last Caress - Misfits

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors