Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Mooga Review


40 Cal
Mooga
Gold Dust Media

I’m not a fan of the Dipset and their whole crack rap thing. This is the third Dipset member’s material I’ve had to review, and the second album by 40 Cal. That means that I’ve invested more time with the Dipset and 40 than I have with Mission to Burma, , the Fall, Love, 13th Floor Elevators, Ike and Tina Turner, or any number of important musical acts that have never crossed my way. That makes me a little sad. 40 isn’t a bad rapper, but I don’t like the Dipset schtick, and he sticks to it. The promo was especially annoying, with no album art, no production credits, and all of the tracks divided into five tracks to make it harder to rip and post on the internet.

My review is here.

By the way, “Mooga” means money in 40’s parlance, but www.mooga.com is an Arabic-language website. I can’t tell what it’s all about. The one article I glanced at with Google's translator blamed Israel on the food shortage, and accused them of trying to sabotage Egypt's wheat production.

http://www.rapreviews.com/archive/2008_07_mooga.html

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors