Saturday, October 03, 2009

Basement Jaxx Review

My review of the Basement Jaxx new album is up at Blogcritics, here:
http://blogcritics.org/music/article/music-review-basement-jaxx-scars/

I thought it was a return to form from the boys, or maybe just a reminder for me of how good they are. Like Daft Punk, they combine dance and pop with enough brains to make the music snobs happy too.

Here's a video for "Scars"


My favorite song on the album is "My Turn" featuring Lightspeed Champion. It's a sad indie song that gets a house boost:

Lightspeed Champion is trying to watch all of the worst movies on IMDB here.

I also really liked "Feelings Gone" featuring Sam Sparro, that seems like a pretty good pride anthem.

Overall, a Scars is a good album. Go buy it.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors