Tuesday, June 10, 2008

What Does It All Mean?


I reviewed Steinski's retrospective, What Does It All Mean, in RapReviews this week.  Here
His "Lessons" were a pretty big deal, and very rare, since none of the sample are cleared.  You should probably buy this record.  Really.  It's the best of classic hip hop, plus some pretty cool sound collages. You should also check out his blog at www.steinski.com
Plus, it's got a really great cover.  Helvetica baby.  Fascist minimalism is the new future!

I also reviewed MC Rentz' 1981.  Here
I was not a fan of Rentz, and it is only out of a sense of duty to give an honest review that I forced myself to listen to the whole thing.  He seems like a nice enough guy, and he has some talent as a lyricist and producer, but I can't deal with his rapping.  100% not my thing.  You can check it out for yourself here.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors