Friday, August 13, 2010

Gotham Green Review

I reviewed Gotham Green and Quickie Mart's Haze Diaries Volume 3 on RapReviews this week. Decent stoner rap, with enough solid tracks to make it at least worth a perusal on their bandcamp site. They have some stuff for free, if you are feeling cheap. Here's the song they did with Freddie Gibbs.



There's a music marketing site I read sometimes called Audible Hype, and they said that there has been a 300% increase in albums released this decade. Here's a quote from their post on how oversaturated hip hop was last year:
According to SoundScan, 105,000 new full-length albums were released in 2008, up almost 300% from earlier in the decade. The number that sold over 1000 units in the first year? Only 6,000.


Crazy.


Also, I'm loving the new Roots album, How I Got Over.  Maybe because there are so many indie rocker guest spots. It's mellow, grown-man hip hop, but I love it.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors