Friday, February 22, 2008

Kimya Dawson is Ok by me

After my rant about the juno soundtrack the other day, it dawned on me that I'm not the best person to be judging twee or kimya dawson's music. She isn't making stuff for cynical 30-something men. The women in my office and in my life love her, and her music makes them very happy. I say, great. If she rocks your world. awesome. Plus, she played at gilman street last night (legendary berkeley punk club that launched the careers of op ivy, green day, and blatz, to name three). So that's pretty awesome. Music criticism is dominated by male voices, and we aren't always right.

So as long as i don't have to listen to too much of her stuff, i'm all for kimya. go ms. dawson!!

(that's as nice as an asshole music snob like me gets on such matters, i'm afraid...)

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors