Saturday, April 14, 2018

Checking in

Jesus, has it really been almost a year since I've posted?

I'd say that I was going to start posting more regularly, but I don't know how likely that is to happen. Life has a way of butting in. I've only been posting once every 4-6 weeks at RapReviews.com, and only when there is something that a, excites me and b, I feel like I can fire off in an hour.

The reality is I'm old and busy and a working dad, so my life doesn't leave a lot of room for writing. By the time my kid falls asleep at 8pm, I've been going since 5am and I am doneski.

I do listen to a lot of music, and music still keeps me going. I've been listening mostly to a combination of metal, old school punk, hip-hop, and kids pop music.

One thing I did recently was make a list of female rockers to listen to with my daughter. These are all female rock or pop punk singers. It runs the gamut from Honeyblood to Hole to Pat Benatar. It was interesting listening to Pat Benatar after thirty years - her stuff holds up pretty well. I just remembered her as a sort of cheesy super eighties artist. I forgot how powerful her voice was. And I feel like 80s cheese has made sort of a come back these days.

Anyways, here's the playlist.


No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors