Friday, June 28, 2013

Daft Punk Review

I reviewed Daft Punk's new album for RapReviews this week. I originally intended it as a hit piece on how boring the album was, but the more I listened to it the more it grew on me. I still think it would have been better had it been punchier, but it's still good. They really capture the super sounds of the seventies, and it's great to hear Chic's Nile Rodgers again.

I've been listening to the new Disclosure album. They are a UK garage duo that have gotten a lot of hype.  Rose and I have been having dance parties to it, which she seems to be into.



We've also been listening to the new Boards of Canada, which basically sounds like Boards of Canada.  It's good mellow morning or evening music.



And then there is Run the Jewels, the new collaboration between El-P and Killer Mike. It's basically a continuation of Killer Mike's El-P produced "R.A.P. Music." Loud and aggressive and maybe not what a five month old should be listening to.

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors