Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I'm Listening to


I'm in the middle of writing my final school paper, a hectic end of year period at work, going on vacations and conferences, and preparing for some massive (positive) life changes. As always dub and punk rock are helping me mitigate and manage the stress. I'm really happy with Metz's new self-titled disc on Sub Pop. It's lean, muscular punk that is catchy as hell, not unlike Hot Snakes.



The other artists helping me make it through is Big Youth. I can't ever understand a word he says, but for some reason his chatting always manages to calm me down and put me in a good mood.

And if that doesn't work, a little Duke Ellington or John Coltrane is sure to do the trick. Especially if they are together.




No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors