Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lord Infamous Review

My review of Lord Infamous' After Sics is up at RapReviews.com here:
www.rapreviews.com/archive/2009_01_aftersics.html

I'm not sure why he spelled it "sics." Is that gangsta-spell for "six?" I don't get it.

Anyways, Southern street rap may not be my thing, but this is pretty damn good Southern street rap. To quote myself:
"After Sics" may not be the most morally defesible hip hop album of the year, but if you are a fan of Three 6 Mafia or Lord Infamous, then you are probably already prepared for the fact that all of the songs will be about drugging, thugging, or bitches. Wishing Southern rap was less materialistic and mysoginystic is sort of like wishing that Southern food would have less fat and sodium. Like plate of fried pork chops, "After Sics" may not be the most nutritious meal, but it tastes good going down."

It comes out in a week, so I won't post any songs from it, but I will post a track from the original Southern macks, UGK.

Front, Back & Side to Side - UGK

No comments:

Blog Archive

Contributors